Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world––in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals––that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Professional Sales Executive (PSE) Manager is responsible for coaching teams and selling the AlinIQ portfolio within the Abbott Diagnostic Division. This role is the guardian of the strategic customer relationship and is focused on retention, penetration and net new customer selling within their teams’ zone.
Primary responsibilities include: 1) establishing and building senior level relationships and leveraging them in driving new profitable sales and protecting base business, 2) understanding and assessing customers’ business objectives, strategies and therefore, requirements, 3) identifying innovative solutions to meet account needs, 4) leading an internal ‘selling team’ (Professional Sales Executives, Distribution Sales Reps, and Inside Sales Rep) to maximize growth, and 5) overall account management including detailed account planning and sales forecasting.
- Responsible for leading a team of Professional Sales Executives, Distribution Sales Reps, and Inside Sales Reps to drive profitable revenue and closing opportunities within a defined territory by initiating, developing and/or delivering unique solutions that result in improved customer outcomes and benefits Abbott, ensures all commitments are met.
- Investigates and understands the strategic account and their business environment including goals, objectives, strategies and competitive situation.
- Identifies industry trends and changing market regulations and understands impact on strategic account.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of customer decision makers and influencers, builds and preserves customer relationships to leverage in driving new sales and protecting base business.
- Identifies opportunities or acts upon previously identified opportunities to prepare and deliver account-specific Abbott value proposition resulting in positive action.
- Understands, analyzes and accurately interprets key financial performance indicators for strategic accounts and how Abbott’s solutions will impact targeted financial objectives.
- Negotiates contracts resulting in long-term commitments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proven sales experience at executive level selling broad and complex solution selling, while leading individual contributors, minimum of 3-5 years required.
- Proven ability to build long-term strategic and senior level relationships and demonstrated capability to uncover a large complex organization’s strategic long-term plan and short-term tactics and translate into a winning solution.
- Proven success as an expert in all aspects of value-based, solution selling and ability to work in cross-functional teams to meet clearly defined objectives that benefit the company and customer.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen, strong team leadership skills and knowledge of all products and services.
- Possess strong interpersonal, negotiation skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Hospital Health Systems, Healthcare IT Industry and Diagnostics experience is preferred.
- This is a remote position and candidate must live near a metro airport, preferably, in the eastern half of the USA.
- Must be willing to travel 75% (this includes 3-4 overnights per week).