Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world––in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals––that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Job Function
The Sales Ambassador will be e the representative of Abbott and the Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) brand to the customer. The Sales Ambassador operates as primary account management contact with customer account; with a focus to improve economic profitability; increase customer loyalty; secure retention; and drive value expansion. Additional functions include:
- Act as trusted partner to existing customers
- Build promoters and achieve targeted retention rate
- Manage and drive development of accounts according to strategic account plan (i.e., value expansion and economic profitability)
- Deliver first line support and technical troubleshooting and elevate Level 2+ issues to service specialist to minimize overall cost to serve
- Coordinate order, delivery, and billing
- The territory for this position will be the San Francisco, CA Bay Area.
- Qualified candidates must currently reside in, or near, San Francisco, CA or Oakland, CA. Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
Position Accountability Scope
Be the representative of Abbott and the ADD brand to the customer with emphasis on laboratory management. Will interact with Acquisition and Sales Specialist teams; Value Expansion Representative; Area/ Regional Marketing; Customer Support Center and Technical Service; Finance. This position is a very visible and will influence customer purchase decisions. Makes decision on reagent utilization on integrations and troubleshooting product replacement that impacts annual supply budget of approximately $3M for US. Considers financial and customer implications as part of decision making. Critical contribution to the effectiveness of the CAPA system with responsibility for accurate documentation of customer complaints and the actions taken to resolve those concerns. Exhibits high level of integrity; honesty; keeping commitments and presenting information completely and accurately to both internal and external customers. Monitor and maintains customer satisfaction through direct contact. Adheres to safety guidelines; policies; procedures.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- 2+ years’ experience relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment, or directly in laboratory environment, field service, or technical call center.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in assigned territory and other domestic business locations.
Preferred Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical, Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Medical Technology or Commercial is preferred.
- Experience providing technical product application and/or hardware support.
- Experience interfacing with customers.
- Strong people management and communication skills.
- Trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); internet savvy.
- Shows ability to prioritize work independently.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate sales skills.
- Commitment to customers; Service-minded
- Demonstrates innovation, adaptability, and schedule flexibility; Considers a dynamic environment as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Analyzes discrete issues and provide solutions; Identifies missing information or recognizes underlying issues; Organizes thoughts and information into clear explanations or presentations.
- Anticipates, identifies and meets internal and external customer needs and requests; Negates and Resolves Conflicts; Maintains a professional demeanor, even under stressful conditions.
- Makes logical timely decisions based on analysis and experience.
- Effectively Manages Time; Prioritizes tasks and defines tasks necessary to meet goals; Organizes own activities and time to complete multi-faceted tasks and assignments; Manages daily workload related to call documentation; parts inventory and cycle count accuracy.
- Demonstrates proficiency and works efficiently with computer, personal digital assistant (PDA), and printers.
- Adheres to proper call documentation.
- Displays effective oral and written communication to accomplish business goals and foster building customer rapport and relationships.
- Develops self by acquiring the skills, knowledge and experience to support the business direction of the organization and grow professionally.
- Persuades others to support a course of action; acts proactively to originate actions to improve existing conditions and process.