Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working in support of the Medical Devices US Sales Division, the Strategic Pricing & Contract Analyst will interface with Sales, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Finance to apply business management principles and financial concepts to that maximize the company’s performance against sales and profit goals and minimize risk. Position will support the following Business Units: Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM), Electrophysiology (EP) and Heart Failure (HF). The ideal candidate must proactively research, analyze, and interpret data to produce substantiated recommendations and to work effectively in a high-pressure, high-demand sales support environment.
- Pricing Strategy Development and Decision Making.
- Contract Development and Execution.
- Customer-service oriented mind frame and skill sets to support the field sales team and their price/contract needs.
- Supports the Contract Manager with the development and implementation of price approvals / financial impact analysis and contract creation / maintenance. Work within audit guidelines for contract approval and contract creation.
- Must have well-honed sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure.
- Works directly with field sales and assists with deal evaluation and creation of analytical deliverables.
- Assists with training field sales, typically on a day-to-day, deal-to-deal basis, on tools, policies, and procedures.
- Perform quantitative analysis and provide recommendations and consultative support to area and regional Sales Leaders to achieve desired goals.
- Execute analysis of net contract sales, market share, and contract pricing within USD.
- Owns contract creation from start to finish – collaborative effort with sales team to define price needs, analysis to determine financial impact, execution of required internal review for price approval, documentation of proper approval, and final creation of outbound contract offering to end customer.
- Execution of formal requests for proposals (RFP)’s that may be needed in the of customer-specific contract templates and special formatting and information required of the RFP.
- Perform comparisons to industry/company benchmarks to identify contracting opportunities and best practices.
- Provides reports and analysis to department and senior management as requested.
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Along with business operations partners, execute improvement programs to streamline the flow of various system operations.
- Follows all management approved processes and procedures; alerts management when circumstances require deviation to the approved processes and procedures.
General Qualifications: A 4-year college degree and three to five years’ experience in business, financial, or strategic pricing and contracting is required. Knowledge of mathematical modeling and demonstrated ability to quickly identify relevant details while working with large date sets. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously: organization, attention to detail, ability to work under general supervision, superior communication and presentation skills, deal with unresolved issues, and effectively communicating and maintaining rapport with Sales Representatives and Managers and all levels of personnel within USD and other ABT divisions. Demonstrated proficiency in operating a personal computer including advanced proficiency with MS Office & Business Objects. High degree of originality and ingenuity required.
Desired Qualification: Preferred degree in Finance, Industrial Engineering, or Business (or work experience equivalent to the knowledge obtained in one of these fields). Advanced degree in business, previous experience in the medical device industry, and Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification a plus. Familiarity with SAP.