Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The St. Jude Medical Movement Disorder Territory Manager will manage territory based business and growth by initiating, supporting and developing strategic Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) implanting centers and assisting in developing pathways for patients to access therapy. Act as primary account/implanter relationship contact for assigned territory’s customer needs including account level reimbursement responsibility. Includes coordination of all support activities and development of sales partnerships. Maximize profit by achieving sales revenue targets and grow market share for a specified territory, by promoting, selling and servicing St. Jude Medial Movement Disorder products. Practice ethical territory management in terms of organization, planning, administration and expense planning and control. Increase sales and revenue by building awareness of DBS therapy. Train appropriate medical staff on products and procedures.
Impact this role will have on St. Jude Medical:
·Ability to develop, implement and deliver on plans to achieve/exceed sales targets. Plans, actions, and results should include:
·Consistent achievement/overachievement of sales objectives
·Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
·Specific targeted accounts/customers in which to maintain and grow business
·Identified competitive accounts in which to establish and promote new business
·Consistent follow through on all objectives and assignments
·Metrics and timelines to evaluate results
TERRITORY MANAGEMENT/ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
·Develop and maintain accurate account and territory records
·Effectively manage time to ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within territory in order to achieve optimum level of exposure and results
·Develop and act on plans which identify growth opportunities within current and competitive customer accounts
·Develop and implement strategies to counter competitors
MARKET AND TERRITORY DEVELOPMENT
· Plans and conducts public awareness informational programs with Parkinson’s patient advocacy groups.
· Works in collaboration with Movement Disorder programs to develop Parkinson’s network and DBS procedure development initiatives around hospital movement disorder teams, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic direction of the Movement Disorder program
INFLUENCE AND SELLING SKILLS
·Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external key decision makers, customers and their staff, administrative staff, etc.
·Plan, implement and deliver effective sales/product presentations to customers, defining objectives and measuring success
·Probe to understand and confirm customers’ needs, handle objections, and gain commitment by customers on actions to drive revenue growth and maximize profitability
·Maximize revenue potential by targeting specific customers to gain sales leads and develolp business opportunities to drive growth
·Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner
·Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively
·Maintain high standard of personal presentation and promote a professional image
·Develop and maintain productive, collaborative working relationships within company to ensure maximum sales support and a high level of customer service
·Actively contribute to the development of a strong team effort
·Proactively respond to all requests in a professional, timely manner; e.g., Voicemail, email, etc.,
SELF DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
·Proactively develop knowledge, skills and abilities in all relevant areas; e.g., clinical, technical, product and sales skills
·Recognize, understand, and be able to communicate features, strengths, and drawbacks of competitive products in relation to the company’s products
·Participate in product and skill development programs and activities such as classroom education, on-the-job training, and other relevant activities that assist in the development of the team and yourself
·Adherence with all company policies and procedures; e.g., Code of Conduct, AdvaMed, etc.,
·Compliance with all relevant clinical and regulatory body guidelines
·Adherence to customer account policies and procedures where applicable
·Compliance with all safety standards, policies and regulations
·Compliance with all other standards, policies and legal requirements related to this position.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand St. Jude Medical’s marketplace success:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent or equivalent.
- A comprehensive ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices;
- Ability to work with others effectively;
- Ability to prepare and present effectively written and verbal communications.
- Thorough familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations and procedures.
- Documented record of delivering strategic marketing information
- Expert verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, Microsoft Office.
- This position requires a considerable amount of business travel.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Professional training/education certification or designation.
- An advanced and comprehensive understanding of neuromodulation technology.
Qualifications: Describe the minimum education and experience, including knowledge, skills and abilities, required to successfully perform the job. List any certificates, license, and/or registrations required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience.
- Minimum 4-6 yrs. therapy specific experience.
• Solid knowledge of the Reimbursement climate
• Experience calling on physicians in one or more of the following or related referral accounts – Neurosurgery, Movement Disorder Neurology
• Experience with referral and therapy development
• Experience with surgeons
• Experience in developing new, innovative markets;
• Experience in making multiple referral calls on a daily basis
• Familiarity with the O.R.
• Solid job skills in business planning/consulting and territory financial analysis; preferred knowledge of managed care
• Physiology/clinical therapies
• Implantable devices
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills
• Team oriented
• Conceptual/consultative sales skills
• Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable
• Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work.
Ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Must successfully complete training.