AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com
. Follow @abbvie on Twitter
AbbVie Global Biologics and Virology Research is an integrated, global discovery organization responsible for anti-viral drug research across indications including HIV AIDS, Hepatitis C, and emerging viral syndromes such as SARS-CoV-2. Our scope includes the discovery of innovative small molecule and biologic medicines from the early exploratory stage and their support through clinical development. We are growing a world-class team of scientists and leaders who will drive the discovery and advancement of innovative anti-viral and biologic-based therapies. Careers in AbbVie Global Biologics and Virology provide unique opportunities to work with cross-functional teams that drive exceptional science and deliver innovative medicines to patients. We are looking for diverse candidates with strong scientific and leadership experience to join the team and can offer exciting and rewarding career opportunities for these candidates.
The Biologics Generation Group at AbbVie is seeking a highly-motivated research scientist to join a dynamic team supporting biologics drug discovery. This position will impact projects through purification and characterization of biopharmaceutical products such as monoclonal antibodies in high throughput. The ideal candidate should have direct experience with mammalian tissue culture, molecular techniques, and binding assays, such as ELISA and flow cytometry. Other desirable skills include protein purification expertise, proficiency in standard chromatography techniques, and protein characterization (e.g., MS, SEC). The applicant should be able to analyze, document, and report data. She/he should possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable presenting in group settings.
Position will be hired based on level of experience
- BS or MS in biology or related field with 3-5+ years (BS), or 0-2+ years (MS) of relevant industry/academic experience
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and transfection
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (PCR, molecular cloning)
- Direct experience with binding assays (e.g., ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Keen ability to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with the ability to operate in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- Adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and timelines
- Competency with software programs, including MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Experience with protein purification and in vitro analytical techniques for protein characterization (e.g., SEC, MS)
- Familiarity with sequence analysis tools (Vector NTI, Geneious, Sequencher) and graphing software (GraphPad Prism)
- Understanding of protein structure and function
Key AbbVie Competencies:
Significant Work Activities
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable high performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Travel
Full-timeJob Level Code
ICEqual Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.