AbelCine is a leading Digital Cinema and HD technology supplier to the motion picture, broadcast and new media industries. We offer sales, training, rental, repair and finance services to the professional production community with offices in NY, CHI and LA. Our NYC headquarters is currently seeking a Rental Prep Technician to join our growing Rental team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, hard-working individual to participate in our exciting and fast-paced company.
Key responsibilities are:
- Review the job list and coordinate with Rental Technicians and other Prep Technicians on job assignments
- Assemble camera packages to be ready for crew upon arrival for checkouts
- Prepare orders to be technically correct to ensure that our client is satisfied with their order
- Work with clients to offer solutions, and troubleshoot issues during the camera checkout
- Act as a liaison with our senior technician in fielding our clients most complicated technical issues
- Maintain communication with Rental Agents and Rental Technicians on changes during preps
- Assist clients to bring their equipment order to the loading dock and occasionally help them load their vehicle
- Clean, test and provide routine maintenance on a variety of camera accessories and related equipment to assist our technicians when possible
Requirements for the successful applicant:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the operation and functionality of professional digital cinema camera equipment, lenses and accessories
- Strong, articulate communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to regularly lift and control cases weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Multi-tasking is a must: phone calls, email, fax, etc. in a fast-paced department
- Must possess a friendly, supportive demeanor in order to establish an upbeat and professional relationship with customers
- Flexibility with hours is a must
- Mac OS and Filemaker Pro experience is a plus
This is a full-time, non-exempt, salaried position.
We understand that it’s people that make our company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, supplemental insurance, discounted gym memberships, paid time off, sick leave and holidays, as well as company culture that is relaxed but engaged.
AbelCine embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.