Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least five years of management experience in a complex, large format store
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required
ATTENDANCE: Regular attendance required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Leadership skills to inspire, lead and manage a large retail organization
- Customer service skills to train store associates
- Entrepreneurial skills to diagnose and capture sales opportunities
- Operational and execution skills to manage store supply chain, maintenance and other activities
- Employee relations expertise to drive associate recruitment and retention
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and initiatives to store associates to drive execution
- Financial planning and budgeting experience to achieve financial objectives
- Ability work flexible hours such as evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Ability to travel periodically to assist in other stores as needed
- Primary Objective: Provide leadership to a store in order to achieve customer service, associate engagement and profitability goals.
- Oversees an assigned store to inspire and lead associates while driving sales
- Drives customer service through leading by example and providing hands on customer service training
- Serves as the primary communication channel to store associates on policies, procedures and sales opportunities
- Conveys Academy’s entrepreneurial and sales oriented culture to capture and preserve market share
- Maximizes employee retention through utilization of best practices in hiring and mentoring
- Manages store operations including supply chain, merchandising, maintenance, inventory control, loss prevention, treasury and risk management
- Drives in-store training processes to provide excellent customer service, associate product knowledge, process understanding and risk management
- Provides strategic regional merchandise insights to Academy’s merchant organization from personal insights and customer feedback
- Drives store profitability by driving sales and managing expenses including payroll, maintenance, shrink and other controllable expenses
- Provides strategic insights on regional attributes related to competition, economic trends, marketing opportunities and other variables
- Participates in Academy’s budgeting process by assisting in the development of sales objectives
- Oversees the performance management and career-pathing process for assigned store to ensure career development goals are met
- Fosters Academy’s community involvement to drive sales and customer awareness
- Champions Omnichannel initiatives to drive in-store customer service and online sales
- Partners with marketing team to drive customer traffic through grass roots and localized marketing
- Develops, coordinates and delivers performance evaluations and career-pathing objectives for store associates
- Stays abreast of retail trends
- Required to learn company policies and procedures
- Required to learn company safety rules
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.