How much does a Store Logistics Manager #158 - Smyrna, TN make at companies like ACADEMY SPORTS + OUTDOORS in the United States? The average salary for Store Logistics Manager #158 - Smyrna, TN at companies like ACADEMY SPORTS + OUTDOORS in the United States is $64,522 as of May 01, 2023, but the range typically falls between $53,478 and $75,566. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.
View the Cost of Living in Major Cities
About ACADEMY SPORTS + OUTDOORS
Browse other Companies in the Edu., Gov't. & Nonprofit Industry
View academy sports + outdoors Salary
What does a Store Logistics Manager #158 - Smyrna, TN do at companies like ACADEMY SPORTS + OUTDOORS?
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40 people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and processing firearms transactions
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card (Illinois only)
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to effectively coach team members on store policies, protocols and expectations; leads by example and effectively drives the performance of team members.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Speaks clearly, positively and persuasively and demonstrates active listening in a variety of situations with team members, customers, business partners and the general public.
- Writes reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of team members, business partners, customers and the general public.
- Applies common sense understanding and reasoning to make appropriate, timely decisions.
- Working knowledge of inventory software, order processing systems, payroll systems and Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Proficiently uses basic mathematical computations and applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Overall management responsibility for the execution and operational excellence of the entire store.
- Management responsibility for store Logistics and actively participates in the personnel decisions of team members, including, but not limited to, employee selection, training, discipline, termination and development.
- Provides departmental direction and daily supervisory oversight to Logistics and Merchandising Team Leads, and to Merchandising and Receiving Team Members to ensure execution of weekly merchandising, marketing and receiving plans.
- Develops and implements strategy for achieving weekly and monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned to the store. This includes the development, analysis and implementation of the staffing, training, payroll hours and scheduling of team members.
- Manages workforce productivity, efficiency and process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable for compliance with established sales, safety and security practices and procedures in conjunction with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensures the completion of departmental zoning and adherence to department, store and Company standards.
- Responsible for supervising the execution of various assignments as delegated by the Store Director in Playbook.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in store walks.
- Audits firearm sales in compliance with federal and state law, including properly completing ATF Form 4473 and conducting background checks, and signs off as final approver.
- Required to complete Firearms Sales Certification training.
- Successful completion of Academy Leadership University.
- Provides supervisory oversight to the team member talent lifecycle including hiring, onboarding, developing and coaching team members.
- Required to learn, understand and enforce company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Adheres to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules applicable to management-level employees.
- Duties may change and Logistics Manager may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climb or balance, or stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Check out Store Logistics Manager #158 - Smyrna, TN jobs in Virginia
Understand the total compensation opportunity for Store Logistics Manager #158 - Smyrna, TN at companies like ACADEMY SPORTS + OUTDOORS, base salary plus other pay elements
Average Total Cash Compensation
Includes base and annual incentives
The chart shows total cash compensation for the ACADEMY SPORTS + OUTDOORS Store Logistics Manager #158 - Smyrna, TN in the United States, which includes base, and annual incentives can vary anywhere from $53,478 to $75,566 with an average total cash compensation of $64,522. Total compensation includes the value of any benefits received in addition to your salary and some of the benefits that are most commonly provided within a total compensation package including bonuses, commissions, paid time off, and Insurance. The total cash compensation may get paid differently by industry, location, and other factors.