Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
The primary focus of a Inside Sales Account Executive is to sell solutions and services to existing Accela customers and actively prospect for new customers in the assigned territory or vertical (in this case, State/local government).
As an Inside-AE you will be asked to perform at or above quota in the following areas:
- Generate sales leads/ opportunities in the prospect base
- Generate opportunities in the current customer base
- Close new and existing contracts online or by phone
- Utilize inbound and/or outbound calls to pursue sales and renewals
- Develop account penetration strategies and create upsell / cross sell business to maximize revenue
Included in the above, the Inside-Account Executive will also be responsible for: understanding Accela’s product offerings and competitive landscape, identifying new business opportunities by creating and implementing territory campaigns with management assistance, liaise with customer contacts for the purpose of managing the customer relationship and developing new opportunities to bring Accela products and services to market and into the customer’s portfolio of contracted SaaS and software services.
Our Inside AE’s will participate and be an involved member of the overall sales force at Accela, including field sales, support and education sales, Inside sales and sales consulting. The high performer will also partner well with supporting organizations such as, Marketing, Channel, Customer Support and others.
What we like to see in your soft and hard sales skills:
- You hold a proven track record of success in building qualified pipeline and identifying new growth opportunities within a set of named accounts
- Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures
- Works under general supervision. Seeks intervention and coaching from his/her manager on complex deals that fall outside of existing guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone with high level decision makers
- Salesforce experience a must
- Typically, Bachelor degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-7+ years of relevant experience in various and related fields, including but not limited to:
- Sales, Gov-Tech sales, SaaS sales, Procurement or technical purchasing for State and Local businesses
- 2-3 years of B2B sales
- Prior experience selling into governmental bodies, state agencies and related jurisdictions
- Relevant military experience
- Intense desire to learn and accept guidance
- Goal-oriented people with lots of energy!
- Great communication skills
- Dedication to growing your career
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. If you have these qualities and are looking to join a growing team of amazing people and sales superstars-please reach out, apply and get into Accela!
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.