Outreach Certified Peer Specialist
Location: Middletown or Newburgh, NY
Hours: 930 am to 6 pm M-F and occasional weekends
Access: Supports for Living Inc. is in the business of doing good. We have a mission: To help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible. Here, you’ll be a valued part of an innovative team that touches the lives of more than 10,000 people each year across the Hudson Valley in programs supporting people to pursue the life they imagine. At Access, we believe in work with a purpose.
Access opened New York State’s first Integrated Behavioral Health Urgent Care in Orange County and is committed to serving community members in behavioral health crisis 7 days a week. The Urgent Care also will serve as the front door for all of Access’ Behavioral Health and Substance Use Services and will assess and follow clients from initial presentation and will provide acute care until connection with ongoing care. To help those who have a hard time engaging, we also bring our therapeutic interventions to people in the community. This position will serve people who have been discharged from behavioral health hospitalizations, people who do not have access to remote technologies, or those who otherwise have a hard time engaging onsite, by bringing therapy and peer services, as well as telemedicine technology, into the community. Emphasis will be on initial engagement and retention in care.
If you are passionate about behavioral health services and are interested in providing services to a diverse population, please explore the opportunity to join our dynamic team. Providing direct services to people with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorder -In linking individuals with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders to a broad range of services essential to successful living in a community setting:
As an Integrated Behavioral Health Care Peer you will:
· Inspire hope, welcome everyone to the services with warmth and caring
· Promote empowerment and self-determination
· Provide opportunities for everyone to practice self-efficacy through activities that emphasize the acquisition, development, and enhancement of life skills
· Build relationships based on mutuality and shared perspective and provide support to bring about a desired social or personal change
· Focus on the strengths of each individual
· Work in partnership with everyone receiving services and the providers of those services
· An Outreach Peer Specialist will also:
· -Work regularly in the community and in client’s homes.
· Be a Resource Connector - Promote self-advocacy and self-sufficiency
· -Be an Ally and Confidant - Share related experiences
· -Be a Role Model and Mentor - A social bridge into recovery
· -Be a Problem Solver and Planner - Help to resolve personal and environmental obstacles to recovery , while facilitating the interpretation of an individual's treatment plan
· -Be an Educator and Tour Guide - Provide information about the stages of recovery, while introducing individuals into the culture of recovery
· Weekend rotation hours required
Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). We will be open 7 days a week in Middletown and Newburgh, and with the appropriate workflows, able to support referral for Medication Assisted Treatment initiated in the ED.
We will be operational by the end of April 2019
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
-Personal and lived mental health and/ or recovery experience
-Experience facing life challenges while coping with a mental health diagnosis
-NY State Peer certification or Provisional Certification required.
Access offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; an array of voluntary benefits (term life, whole life, identity theft protection and pet insurance); Healthcare and Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts; employer paid Short Term Disability, LTD and AD&D; a matching 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, accelerated holiday pay and tuition assistance.
To see all career opportunities with Access visit http://accessrealjobs.org. To learn more about Access and our services visit http://accesssupports.org. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.
The Agency is a smoke free workplace and offers smoke free campuses for our employees, visitors, clients, and interns.
EEO, AAE M/F/D/V.