Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
The Manager, Payroll Operations is responsible for managing the Payroll Operations and Shared Services call center team for North America. The Manager, Payroll Operations will set strategy and vision for the Payroll Operations team and will partner with Human Resources, Finance and the business to ensure compliance with and will propose and implement payroll system and process efficiencies to ensure a highly accurate, compliant, and efficient payroll process. In addition, the position is responsible for the communication and implementation of any new policies or procedural changes and potential impact of new procedural, regulatory, and system related changes to the payroll organization.
- Process: Manages the North American Payroll function including processing, procedures, compliance and payroll tax for over 2,500 union and non-union employees through weekly and bi-weekly payroll and timekeeping processing
- Technology: Ensures the payroll system is configured to meet business needs and payroll processing and records are in compliance with all regulatory wage and hour laws within the United States and Canada. Responsible for system setup of earnings codes, deduction codes, and other benefit calculations that reside within payroll
- Leadership: Leads a team of specialists who serve as the first point of contact for employees in the United States and Canada who have HR-related questions or issues. Works to develop training and coaching for employees, cultivates a culture of customer service and builds relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Implementation: Serves as the payroll lead during Payroll, Timekeeping and HRIS implementations
- Service Center Operations: Manages HR Service Center operations, including responsibility for defining the strategy for providing high quality employee experience, defining and meeting service level agreements, and measuring and driving operational and performance requirements through the creation and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Compliance: Ensures SOX and privacy compliance within the payroll process and monitor internal controls over input and output of all payroll systems, including weekly audit and reconciliations. Manage all quarterly and year-end payroll activities, including resolving complex tax and compliance payroll issues
- Process Orientation: Recommends and implements technology and process improvements with an eye for improving team agility
- Other responsibilities, projects and duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least five (5) years Payroll/Accounting Operations experience with in-depth knowledge of Payroll Operations and related accounting practices required
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and grow a team of payroll professionals
- Ability to provide vision and direction and build a highly engaged team
- Prior experience managing a Call Center/Customer Service environment and an understanding of call center operations and financials is preferred as is experience within a manufacturing organization and/or a global company
- Experience utilizing a third-party payroll provider required, preferably with Ceridian Dayforce
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel required
- Experience with leading and/or participating in system implementations
- Attention to detail with a strong emphasis on accuracy and quality, and the ability to meet strict deadlines are critical to being successful in this position
- Applicant should possess working knowledge of HR and payroll laws, taxes and garnishment rules by state
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals across all organizational levels required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving with a willingness and ability to learn new task and be flexible
- Commitment to continuous quality improvements and process orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Team player and good communicator with positive attitude
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.