Job Location: Recruiting Area - Westmoreland County - Greensburg, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
The Associate Community Living Supervisor is responsible for supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and ensuring their outcomes are accomplished through those working directly to support them. The Associate Community Living Supervisor takes the lead role in supporting People and their family in charting a course that supports each Person in realizing their goals and dreams and achieving an everyday life that is important to them. Oversees the daily operation of one Community Home.
1. Coordinate and contribute to the development of Person-Centered plans. Understand and implement each Persons Person-Centered Plan and current ISP that reflects the goals and outcomes chosen by the Person. Ensure staff is trained and support People appropriately, according to their ISP.
2. Respect each Persons right to make choice and exercise self-determination, resulting in life experiences and personal growth.
3. Support each person's health and safety, while also supporting their right to risk. Communicates all relevant information to the Community Living Specialist.
4. Guide staff to provide opportunities for each Person to explore their interest in their community and build relationships.
5. Understand the importance of family in each person life. Build a positive relationship with family members.
6. Develop positive working relationships with team members.
7. Support each Persons daily routine to include personal care, appointments, leisure activities, and transportation. This position is responsible for scheduling all needed appointments and ensuring follow through.
8. Complete required documentation.
9. Complete the Medication Administration training and annual practicums successfully. Complete Medication Administration documentation as trained. Act as a Practicum Observer and complete staff practicums. Act as Designated Agency Person.
10. Participate in training and meetings as required.
11. Adhere to all policies, procedures, and regulations and supervise staff to ensure adherence.
12. Act as On-Call supervisor for Community Homes as directed.
13. Remain available to assist either by phone or on-site in a crisis, at the discretion of the Vice President, Community Supported Living, Associate Director, or Community Living Specialist. Ensure that staff adheres to the crisis procedures. Provide support to staff and People to continue ongoing responsibilities and activities.
14. Supervise and evaluate the staff assigned. Communicate to assigned staff, on a regular basis, to clarify job responsibilities, expectations, philosophy, and goals. Provide ongoing training, development and constructive feedback. Implement corrective action with prior approval.
15. Develop the weekly staff schedule. Adjust staff schedules due to vacation, absenteeism or illness with prior approval. Ensure appropriate coverage to support the needs of People.
16. Communicate and inform the Community Living Specialist of operation supports, including fiscal and personnel-related concerns.
17. Perform other related duties as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits: Medical & Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with low employee contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and personal
- 8 Paid holiday days
- Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, and Short-Term Disability available
Benefits: Bonuses & Opportunities
- 403(b) Plan (All Employees) with employer contribution
- Eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- Up to $500 bonus thru Employee Referral Program
- Four free counseling sessions for you when life happens thru the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid training
- Paid mileage (50 cents per mile) for traveling between client sites and offices with personal vehicle
Who Is Achieva?
We are the only agency in southwest Pennsylvania that provides lifelong support, from early intervention therapy to older adult protective services. Build a career in a rapidly growing company where our #1 priority is to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
One to two years of post-secondary education towards certification/degree in Human is Services. Three years of related experience. Effective communication, organizational, interpersonal and planning skills required. Satisfactory Act 33 and 34 clearances and FBI as required. Valid license to drive in the State of Pennsylvania and properly insured vehicle.
ACHIEVA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). ACHIEVA is an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program.
Come in and spend time with us to try to find the work that works for you!
Open Interviews - 12:00 Noon to 3:00 pm - every month at 2 locations:
- 2nd Wednesday of every month - 711 Bingham St., Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- 3rd Wednesday of every month - 316 Donohoe Rd., Greensburg, PA 15601
Call our Recruitment Hotline for more information at 412-995-5000 Ext. JOB