Six things you need to become an Uber Driver
Becoming an Uber driver is an easy process.
What you need:
- You have a valid driver's license
- You have an eligible, insured, four-door vehicle
- You must also be the minimum age to drive in your city
- You must have one year of licensed driving experience (or three if you are under the age of 23).
- You need proof of residence in the city you want to drive in.
- A mobile phone
Steps to make it happen
Meet the basic requirements and:
- Complete an online screening test to make sure you meet Uber's pre-established guidelines.
- Uber will review your driving record
- Uber will review criminal history. Uber works with a third-party company that looks at public records (such as your Motor Vehicle Records as well as federal or county courthouse records).
How long does it take to become an Uber Driver?
This is a quick process and may take 5-7 days to be reviewed by Uber. Once you have been approved and put on the platform, you will be ready to log on and begin to pick up customers and earn extra income.
What education, certifications or license are required to be an Uber Driver?
You need a valid driver's license and do not need any special training. There are no educational requirements
What skills are required to be a successful Uber Driver?
- Driving skills to negotiate traffic easily and safely.
- Ability to interact with all kinds of people in a calm manner, including those with difficult personalities.
- Familiarity with the local area streets, neighborhoods and traffic patterns is useful.
What's does an Uber Driver do?
An Uber driver's job is straightforward. Pick up riders and bring them to their destination. Using Uber's app, which can be accessed on either a laptop or mobile device, you will respond to requests for rides from people using Uber.
What does an Uber Driver earn on average?
Salary range for an Uber Driver
$29,602 to $43,502
View Average Salary for United States
Earnings vary by city and of course by the number of hours you work and the number of ridesharing trips that you make. On average you can expect to earn about $25 per hour. Uber offers various promotions to drivers that can increase your earnings. For example, you might get a premium if you complete a certain number of trips, or if your trips are during busy times.
Tips are another way to boost earnings, riders can tip you using the app and you get to keep 100% of your tips.
A recent study found that an Uber driver earns an average income of $364 a month. If you would like to compare with a typical taxi driver see here
What is the lifestyle of an Uber driver?
Freedom and flexibility is a big advantage of being an Uber operator since you are not an employee but are a contractor. This means that Uber drivers are not forced to work a certain number of hours a week or be on a fixed schedule. If you do not want to leave your current job, or if you only want to work a few hours a week, you can become an Uber driver and quickly earn extra income. Driving for Uber is a good way to earn extra money with little effort. As you can see, there are relatively few barriers to entry to becoming an Uber driver. And once you begin, the only limit to how much you can earn is how much time you want to spend on the road.
Helpful tips to become a successful Uber Driver
Since tipping is part of your earnings, you should make an effort to provide a pleasant experience to your riders that encourages generous tipping.
- Keep your vehicle clean and remove any clutter like paper or cups.
- Wipe the door handles frequently to keep them clean.
- Open the window periodically to let in the fresh air and to avoid any bad odors.
- Pay attention to your personal appearance
- Don't use strong cologne
- Be friendly to riders but not too friendly. They may not want to have a conversation.
- Limit phone conversations when you have a rider
- Always say thank you!
Are there many job opportunities available for an Uber Driver?
Uber offers anyone with a driving license, and an insured car, a good driving record, and a mobile phone a good opportunity to enhance their income and have the freedom to set their own schedule.
Uber provides advantages to both riders and drivers offering dynamic pricing, convenience, and flexibility. Riders only need to open an app on the phone to hail a wide array of cars (ranging from shared cars to luxury vehicles) to take them wherever they choose
It seems like only a few years ago that ridesharing was just a novel concept. Now, ridesharing is one of the most common and socially acceptable methods of commuting. As 2020 approaches, ridesharing is part of our everyday lives. Uber isn't just gaining new clients; they are also adding new drivers
Ridesharing is cool, and Uber is at the forefront. Uber Technologies, Inc, or Uber, is a leading ride-hailing company. Uber began operations just over a decade ago and is now so popular it has become a verb. How many of your friends have declared it made the most sense to "uber to the party"?