Clean guest rooms as assigned, ensuring the hotel's established standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms by category priority.
- Transport cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned guest room.
- Service assigned guest rooms.
- Empty trash containers.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and. placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and luggage rack.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest guests inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television, VCR, clock radio, remote control and cable box.
- Set correct time on clock; correct TV channel; correct movie rental insert.
- Clean all lamps and light switches, check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- Replace any melted ice buckets and wipe all surfaces dry.
- Remove dust smudges and spills from mini bar (including doors and shelves; ensure it is plugged in and securely locked.
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of amenities in desk, drawers and guest service directory; replace designated amounts at proper locations within the room.
- Remove trash, debris and cobwebs from balcony/patio.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from entrance door(s).
- Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards and DND sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
- Remove dust, dirt and smudges from A/C unit, vents, grids and thermostat Set thermostat in accordance with seasonal instructions.
- Remove dust, stains and marks from all baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Vacuum carpet in guest room.
- Spray room with deodorizer.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet
- Return and restock cart at end of shift.
- Empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys.
- Handle guest complaints by following the six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to the Supervisor.
- Place any calls or requests using Knowcross.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- All other duties as required.
Experience Minimum one years’ experience cleaning hotel guest rooms.
Education High school diploma.
General Skills Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Technical Skills Knowledge of proper chemical handling procedures; familiarity with cleaning equipment and supplies.
Language Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
Physical Requirements Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 20LBS pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding. Must be able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
Licenses & Certifications None required.
Rosewood Sand Hill provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Rosewood Sand Hill requires all employees to be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccination, including receiving a booster if eligible. Accordingly, applicants will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment, and may only begin employment if fully vaccinated. In accordance with the law, Rosewood Sand Hill will accommodate applicants and employees who cannot be administered the COVID-19 vaccine for medical or religious reasons, if to do so would not be an undue hardship. Applicants should contact email@example.com if they have questions about this requirement or wish to request an accommodation under the law.
The pay scale for this position is between $22.03 and $25.21/hour. This is the pay range for this position that the Hotel reasonably expects to pay.
Decisions regarding individual rates will be based on a number of factors, such as experience, type of hotel luxury experience and/or Fine Dining Restaurant Experience.