TRUCK DRIVER - CDL DRIVER - LINEHAUL DRIVER - CDL CLASS A DRIVER
PITT OHIO, a $900 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Class A CDL Road Driver- HOME DAILY at our Harrisburg, PA Terminal.
Moved to Top Rate of $0.7125 CPM after 6 months.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no weekly premiums, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
- A minimum age of 25 years of age.
- All tractor trailer drivers must have two years of verifiable driving experience (approximate 100,000 miles) or a minimum of one year of verifiable driving experience and a diploma from an accredited driving school that PITT OHIO approves.
- Must pass a PITT OHIO driving test administered by an approved PITT OHIO trainer or PITT OHIO designee;
- With exception of non-CDL Drivers, must have a hazardous material and tank endorsement or obtain said endorsement within 90 days of employment on their current valid driver’s license issued by the State in which they reside;
- Must possess only one valid driver’s license issued by the State in which the driver resides. A driver who has recently moved from another State must produce a copy of the former license or provide license information for verification from that State. The driver will need to provide information on all previous held licenses for the past 36-month period. If the driver moves, he/she must update his/her address with the Department of Motor Vehicles for that State within 30 days and provide new license to the Safety Department;
- Must have no record of a driving license suspension or revocation covering the last 36-month period from any source including the MVR and or any other Driver Performance History report. A suspension for failure to pay and or failure to appear will be considered provided that there was no conviction for driving while suspended during this time period;
- Must have no record of citation or conviction for the violations listed below during the past 36-month period from any source including the MVR and or any other Driver Performance History report;
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Violation of an “open container” or similar statute.
- Refusal to take a test provided for by an implied consent law.
- Reckless homicide or involuntary manslaughter.
- Operating while under suspension or revocation (Except as Listed Above).
- Leaving the scene of an accident or “hit and run”.
- Speed exhibitions, contests, or drag racing.
- Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony.
- Assault with a motor vehicle.
- Reckless driving, careless endangerment, or road rage.
- Operating a motor vehicle without permission of the owner.
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- Must have no past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more than three motor vehicle violations, (excluding those listed above in items a. through l.), during the 36-month period from any source including the MVR and or any other Driver Performance History report;
- Must have no past pattern or record of involvement in more than three at-fault traffic accidents while operating a motor vehicle during the 36-month period from any source including the MVR and or any other Driver Performance History report;
- Must have no past pattern or record of involvement in more than three motor vehicle violation while operating a motor vehicle during the 36-month period from any source including the MVR and or any other Driver Performance History report;
- Must have no past pattern or record of involvement in more than two at-fault traffic accidents and no more than one motor vehicle violation during the 36-month period from any source including the MVR and or any other Driver Performance History report;
- Must have no past pattern or record of involvement in more than one at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period from any source including the MVR and or any other Driver Performance History report;
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination;
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must receive a negative result prior to the driver performing any safety sensitive function;
- PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and alcohol result from prior employer(s) for past three-year period. Any prior evidence of controlled substance use from any source in past three years, including alcohol could result in the job offer being rescinded;
- There must be no instance of refusal to submit to an Alcohol or Controlled Substance test within the past 36 month period including a pre-employment test. Any prior evidence of refusal to test for controlled substance use, including alcohol in the past 36 months could result in the job offer being rescinded;
- No open violations showing in the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse i.e. the query result shows “Driver not Prohibited”;
- Applications must be completed in entirely. An incomplete application may delay or prevent your application from being processed;
- Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30 days or more must be indicated and explained. You may be asked to provide further documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application from being processed and the job offer rescinded;
- All roadside inspections will be reviewed through the Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP) and or any other Performance History Report for the past 36-month period. Multiple violations could impact hiring and or retention;
All drivers must demonstrate a stable work history, good work ethic, dependability, and a positive, supportive and cooperative attitude.
- Drives a commercial vehicle safely primarily in our road operation during overnight hours. Terminal to terminal or terminal to a relay point and return to home terminal.
- Road operation is Monday – Friday night, and occasional weekend. Drivers are home daily unless unforeseen circumstance arise such as weather.
- You may occasionally have to make a customer delivery or pickup.
- You may be required to help unload or load freight at a terminal. This includes lifting or pulling freight with dock tools such as pallet jacks, two wheelers or forklifts (PITT OHIO certified employees only).
- Securing of freight may be required through strapping or other methods.
- Inspect the vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions as required by law and company policy.
- Comply with all Federal requirements regarding the transportation of Hazardous Materials.
- Drive tractor/trailer in all conditions in accordance with federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within hours of service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as required by regulatory requirements.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 6, 2020: HAVE YOU REGISTERED WITH THE FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION DRUG AND ALCOHOL CLEARINGHOUSE? IF NOT PLEASE GO TO https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/register TO REGISTER. ALL CDL DRIVERS MUST REGISTER.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacations, a pleasant work environment, and much more.