Location: Hybrid, Primary Remote to the Rancho Cordova, CA office
Reports To: Senior Finance Manager
Summary: As a Commission Specialist your primary responsibilities will be to calculate producer and broker commission earnings, distribute calculations to producers/brokers, and work with various interested parties to finalize calculations and remit payments. Your strong analytical, written, and verbal skills will give you the tools necessary to lend support to the Accounting team and your coworkers.
Your pro-active nature, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills will provide the basis needed to initiate and work multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are committed to accuracy, excellent customer service, professionalism, and going the extra mile.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation and distribution of monthly, quarterly, and annual commission statements, and special bonus calculations
- Frequently interact thru verbal and written communications with Managers, Producers, and Account Managers to distribute information and problem solve.
- Research requests for missing or misapplied commissions which requires investigative skills and ability to navigate thru multiple software systems.
- Analyze production revenue and commission data for discrepancies and process adjustments. Update producer split assignments and data in multiple systems.
- Coordinate accurate and timely commission payments to producers and brokers.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and record journal entries for manual transactions.
- Assist with software system integration and conversions by participating in planning, auditing, and updating data after conversion.
- Work to streamline commission processes internally and externally.
Key Competencies required for position:
- Attention to detail and thorough review of work for accuracy.
- Innovative thinking to solve problems and recommend solutions.
- Poise, professionalism, tact, and diplomacy. Sound communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and juggle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills and work efficiently in Microsoft Windows applications.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize business applications to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in financial services
- 3-5 years progressive accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree, accounting/finance preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Minimum intermediate professional skills MS Office – Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Minimum intermediate proficiency with database technology and internet-based programs.
The national average salary for this role is $70,000 to $80,000 in base pay and exclusive of any bonuses or benefits. The base pay offered will be determined based on your experience, skills, training, certifications and education, while also considering internal equity and market data.
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.