Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
The Industrial Designer is a global contributor focused on user experience, creative problem solving, visual brand language, usability, and human factors. They will contribute to projects from research through design exploration, development of product concepts, and commercialization of final products. This individual will develop hands-on product solutions not only for new products but will also drive modifications to existing products for customer-specific opportunities. The Industrial Designer reports to the Industrial Design Manager and will be located at our Lake Zurich, IL office.
- Industrial design project contributor
- Contribute to cross-functional teams
- Execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a hands-on approach to the design process
- Manage project timelines and deliverables to execute project load
- Contribute to projects in the following areas:
- Environmental behavioral research
- Design and development of the user experience
- Deliver profitable award-winning world-class industrial design
- Implementation of visual brand language guidelines
- Execute successful usability and human factors studies
- Contribute to trend research and implementation for all product categories
- Represent industrial design on multiple project teams
- Contribute to the success of multiple projects
- Successful execution of new product launches that deliver project goals
- Execution of Visual Brand Language guidelines
- Deliver profitable global award-winning industrial design for the organization
- Develop successful projects focusing on usability and human factors
- Domestic & international travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design
- 2 to 10 years of product design and development experience
- Demonstrate experience with the following design skills:
- Strong conceptualization
- User-centered design focus
- Superior hand sketching
- Materials and process knowledge
- Design for manufacturing
- Color finish material knowledge
- Understanding of usability and human factors
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, Rhino or Solidworks, and Keyshot
- Ability to deliver profitable award-winning world-class industrial design
- Creative mindset with attention to detail
- Superior verbal, written, and rapid visual sketch communication
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team
- Knowledge of current design technologies
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.