What We’re Looking For:
In large University partnerships, to deliver on both the relationship and business objectives, there may be a need for a General Manager to leverage a Deputy GM for explicit GM level responsibilities for a subset of programs while the General Manager focuses on the University level relationships (such as Chancellor or Provost) and a portion of the programs.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- With the GM and the Program Director, interfacing directly and regularly with university partners and 2U leadership regarding current and future program performance
- Internally, serves as a conduit for program execution across all matrix functions with the Program Huddle as the primary vehicle for oversight and accountability
- Manage all 2U operations related to the university partnership; measure performance of company goals and proactively establish targets for improvement
- Partner with Dean level, as well as other leadership at the school and across the school to ensure program success
- Act as final decision maker for all business operations components including curriculum, marketing, admissions and post-enrollment services
- Along with the GM, develop, review, update and implement strategic planning; this includes marketing/sales, support services and curriculum development
- Effectively build and manage relationships with the university for the programs under the role’s purview; act as the relationship manager for 2U on those programs and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes
- Matrix manage internal partners responsible for other operational areas associated with the program (e.g. marketing and technology)
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 - 7 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Executive-level presentation skills
- Strong project management and relationship management background
- Professional development experience, an eye for internal talent
- Finance acumen (budgets, financial models, etc.)
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- Excellent relationship management skills (business development preferred), preferably with Sr. level external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and excellent follow through
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent listener balanced with ability to challenge colleagues constructively and stimulate the thinking of others
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.