ML Healthcare is seeking to add an experienced medical services Underwriter to join our team. As an Underwriter for ML Healthcare, your primary role will be assisting the Vice President of Legal Operations and the Senior Underwriter in underwriting new and existing case business, developing new business opportunities, and managing new intake case credit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Underwrite new and existing case business
- Maintain and manage intake cases
- Analyze risk in case acceptance based on policy limits/terms
- Investigate accident report to determine case acceptance
- Review all previous medical records for medical necessity
- Maintain surgical worksheet for forecasting
- Manage workflow within department with changing priorities while ensuring timely actions are met
- Perform accurate analysis and risk assessment to produce sound financial responses in a timely manner
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and requirements to facilitate positive relationships
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of insurance contracts, company products, underwriting and insurance philosophy
- Demonstrated success in communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in building strong cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills within the medical underwriting business with strong industry acumen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical experience preferred (including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- 3+ years of medical underwriting experience with extensive insurance industry knowledge
- Experience in building strong cross-functional relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
777 Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the bases of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.