At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to lead the global downstream commercial efforts of our single cell portfolio with focus on functional genomics, immunology and other high throughput single cell applications. This position will report to the Associate Director of Product Management and will be responsible for leading the execution of product marketing activities, ensuring the Chromium single cell products are well positioned and promoted in the context of high throughput applications such as CRISPR screens, immune profiling, and drug screening and other approaches. The Product Marketing Manager uses knowledge of customer needs and market trends and is accountable for implementing the global marketing tactics to drive revenue and brand growth for the rapidly growing single cell products within 10x Genomics’ product portfolio. This role will require interfacing with multiple stakeholders across multiple product lines including product managers, marketing segment and program managers, marketing communications, and sales. A key aspect of this role is to drive go-to-market efforts for emerging single cell markets that require high single cell and sample throughput. It is critical to have a solid understanding of relevant market segments, customer personas, and competitive products. Key to success in this role will be driven by how well go-to-market and sustaining marketing efforts align with the company’s business model and strategic goals.
What you will be doing:
- Drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Global Marketing, Sales, Technical Support and R&D) to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to generate proof of concept data, ensure successful adoption of products and penetrate key application areas
- Responsible for competitive positioning and messaging to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x Genomics’ portfolio
- Collect voice of customer feedback and perform market research
- Works in collaboration with Marketing Communications and Product Management to bring new products to market, being the lead on the global go-to-market strategies
- Collect voice of customer feedback and perform market research
- Leads market development activities within specific research and application areas as well as customer segments to meet revenue goals
- Partners closely with product management teams to gain an understanding of product features and relevance to market segments
- Interfaces with marketing communications to ensure that each research area is addressed by portfolio’s yearly roadmap
- Provide sales support and training to worldwide Sales, Support Teams and Distributors for in-development and on-market single cell products
- Partners with Marketing Communications to develop key marketing campaign collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for their portfolio
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics or related field
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in the Life Science industry, with at least 2 years of Product Marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience with genomics workflows and next generation sequencing (NGS) products and technologies, experience in targeted sequencing workflows a plus
- Good understanding of functional genomics applications such as CRISPR and the needs for these applications and technologies in the academic, translational and pre-clinical markets desired
- Experience defining product requirements and working with internal cross functional teams to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements desired
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Must have customer-facing experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong desire to make an impact
Nice to have skills & background:
- Ph.D. desired
- MBA with emphasis in marketing preferred
- Market development and marketing communications experience highly desired
- Understanding of high throughput screening market in drug discovery and biomedical research a plus
- Demonstrated experience in launching products in the life sciences field a plus
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 2000 scientific publications in the past four years.
For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com. 10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.