Are you looking for a career with true fulfillment? Do you
have a passion of helping individuals with disabilities?
Look no further, Able2 is the place for you!
At Able2, we take pride in enhancing the quality of life of the people we serve and have a long history of compassion and dedication to the individuals in our community. Able2 couldn't incorporate these core values without employees like you so apply today!
As a full time employee, you will accrue paid time off starting day one. Need insurance? Desire low benefit premiums? Upon hire, as a full time employee, you can select benefit elections and have insurance effective the month following a thirty day enrollment deadline. With additional incentives such as 401K, basic life insurance and employee referral bonuses, Able2 provides you with stability as well as a better purpose.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm.
As a Driver, your main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive agency vehicles transporting individuals and staff to and from programs.
- Assists in loading and unloading of individuals using adaptive equipment and vehicle safety equipment.
- Accompany individuals to other community activities / facilities as assigned, being sure to provide safe transportation and appropriate levels of supervision for individuals while outside the facility.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicles to assure safe services.
- Maintain vehicles in a clean, orderly condition.
- Implements service plans and accurately completes tracking, recording the outcomes.
- Familiarizes self with each individual’s personal needs, preferences, and program plans. Reports any individuals’ discomfort or physical/emotional changes to the program nurse or supervisor.
- Adequate reading and writing (English) skills to perform job duties.
- Interest and desire to work with adults with developmental disabilities.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and driving record acceptable to agency insurance carrier.
- One year prior experience driving large vehicles preferred.
- Must be able to perform physical tasks associated with the position (including lifting and care of individuals as required by responsibilities listed above.)
- Familiarity with geographic area.
- General knowledge of vehicle upkeep.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR, and SCIP-R Certification.
Able2 Enhancing Potential is an equal opportunity employer. Able2 Enhancing Potential does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.